The purpose of the Student Outreach Team for Programs of Excellence is to promote the importance of programs within the Academy for Undergraduate Excellence including the Chellgren Student Fellows Program, First Generation Initiatives, Nationally Competitive Awards and Undergraduate Research, at both on-campus and off-campus events. Each member of the Outreach Team has participated in at least one of the aforementioned programs and has extensive knowledge about each of the programs within the Academy.
Members of the outreach team are available to meet with students who are interested in becoming involved in the Chellgren Student Fellows Program or Undergraduate Research, or who are thinking about applying for a nationally competitive award.
Meet the members of the Outreach Team.
Before beginning the application, read through the requirements to be a team member.
Team members must
- Be involved in one of the following: faculty mentored Undergraduate Research, Chellgren Student Fellows program, a Nationally Competitive Award applicant, First Generation Initiatives.
- Have a strong work ethic with attention to detail, dependability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
- Have strong communication and presentation skills showing sophistication and strength of character.
- Be in strong academic standing.
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic, and dependable.
- Be able to attend the Student Leader training and monthly meetings throughout the year.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership skills and work well in a team environment.
- Be willing to travel and participate in evening and weekend activities. (Weekly time commitment varies depending on events scheduled.)
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings and training.
- Be familiar with social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.
- Be interested in serving students and the community.
- Commit to serving the team for the 2016 - 2017 academic year
Applications are being accepted. Apply here before April 1.