Getting Access to MATLAB
This webpage explains how to download, install, and update MATLAB software. If you need additional help, please contact the UKIT Service Desk at 859-218-4357(HELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Licensing - Renewing your license and obtaining the license codes.
- Registration - Updating your license with or without downloading the software update.
- Downloading - Downloading and installing the latest version of SPSS.
About License Renewal
Annually, MATLAB software enters a new license year. If you have not used this software before, or have used it prior to the current fiscal year and wish to continue using it, you may (re-)register at any time to receive your license renewal codes via email. There is no deadline for registration and the service is available year round.
If you have any difficulty following these instructions, please contact the UKIT Service Desk at 859-218-4357(HELP) or email@example.com. (Instructions below contain images.)
Obtaining License (Renewal) Codes
- Fill out the registration survey.
- You will then receive a response email with the license file.
- Follow the below insturctions to download and install MATLAB.
Note: All of the following information is also contained in the email sent to you with your authorization code. This license is for you alone (Do not share license codes). Please contact the UKIT Service Desk with any questions; by phone: (859)218-HELP, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All of the following information is also contained in the email sent to you with your license code.
Windows/Mac/Linux Installation Instructions
Please read before you install MATLAB
- Sign into your machine with Administrator Rights.
- Please open a command prompt(Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt) on the computer and type: hostname.
- Hit Enter.
- Next type: set username.
- Hit Enter.
- Please send an email to email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org containing your hostname and username.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com within 2 business days with account information pointing to : http://www.mathworks.com/mwaprofile
- Login using your User Name and Temporary password provided in the email.
- In the Account Services box, click Download Now.
- On the next page click the 'Download' link.
- In Step 1, choose your preferred version to download (the Current Release option is recommended).
- In Step 2, choose your operating system.
- In Step 3, choose 'Download the current versions of all my products' and click Continue.
- Follow the instructions to complete the download.
- After the download completes, choose Run Installer.
- When the MatLab Installer comes up, choose 'Install without using internet'.
- If you agree to the license agreement, choose 'Yes' and click Next.
- Select 'I have the File Installation Key for my License' and copy and paste your license code (which you received in your email) into the box.
- Click Next.
- At Choose Installation Type, choose 'Typical', and click Next.
- At the Specify installation folder click Next.
- Download the license file from your email if you have not already.
- At Provide License File Location, Browse to the file you saved in the previous step and select it.
- Click Install.
- We will need to update an options file on our server with the hostname you sent us in step 6 before you can run MatLab.
- Please note that this is a concurrent license. To run MatLab from an off-campus machine, you must first VPN into the campus network.