Getting Access to Sigmaplot
This webpage explains how to download, intall, and update Sigmaplot software. If you need additional help, please contact the UKIT Service Desk at 859-218-4357(HELP) or email@example.com.
- Licensing - Renewing your license and obtaining the license codes.
- Registration - Updating your license with or without downloading the software update.
- Downloading - Downloading and installing the latest version of Sigmaplot.
About License Renewal
As of November 2012, Sigmaplot software has entered a new license year. If you have not used this software before, or have used it prior to November 2012 and wish to continue using it, you may (re-)register at any time to receive your license renewal codes via email. There is no deadline for registration and the service is available year round.
Note: We ask that our SigmaPlot 11 users please upgrade to SigmaPlot 12 at this time, which is available at download.uky.edu.
If you have any difficulty following these instructions, please contact the UKIT Service Desk at 859-218-4357(HELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Instructions below contain images.)
Obtaining License (Renewal) Codes
- Search for Sigmaplot to find the respective software download entry.
- Click the link labeled “Users must register annually to obtain the license information. Click here.”
- Complete the registration form. If your email address was submitted correctly, you will receive an email with licensing instructions.
- If you do not already have Sigmaplot 12 installed, you will need to download the software installation package by clicking the “download” link. Follow the instructions in the email you received in the previous step for installation instructions.
Note: All of the following information is also contained in the email sent to you with your license code. The attached license file is for you alone (Do not share license files).
Registering Your Download
When prompted for a license file from Sigmaplot, please click on the file link provided to you in the body of the email. Then, click open and drag the license file that appears in the pop-up window to your desktop. Follow the Sigmaplot download and installation instructions, and locate this newly downloaded file when prompted for the license.
Please contact the UKIT Service Desk with any questions; by phone: (859)218-HELP, or email: email@example.com.
How to Update the License (Without Downloading SigmaPlot 12)
Note: We ask that our SigmaPlot 11 users please upgrade to SigmaPlot 12 at this time, which is available at download.uky.edu. If you have already done so and need to renew your SigmaPlot license, follow these directions.
- Download the license file from your license renewal email to your desktop.
- Right click on Sigmaplot, and left click on run as administrator.
- Click ok on the No License found screen.
- Click on Update.
- Click on the radial button next to License File, then click browse.
- Point to your desktop, click on the license renewal file, and click open.
- Click ok, and you have licensed this software for another year.
Note: All of the following information is also contained in the email sent to you with your license code.
- Download Sigmaplot from download.uky.edu.
- If you have SigmaPlot 12.0, 12.1 or 12.2 Release Version installed on your computer, unistall those versions,
- Back up your files in the <user>\SigmaPlot\SPW12 folder if you have made changes to them (The exact profile folder depends on the operating system), and
- Delete that <user>\SigmaPlot\SPW12 folder.
- Right click on the SPW_WebInstall.exe you downloaded in from download.uky.edu, and left click on run as administrator.
- Click Run if you are presented with a box to run or save the file.
- Click Yes if you are asked if you want this program to make changes to your computer.
- Click Next at the Welcome Screen.
- Read the license agreement and choose I accept… if you accept the license agreement. Click Next.
- Enter your Name, Organization (UK), and then enter the serial number given in the email containing your license renewal codes.
- Click Next.
- Click the radial button next to License File and browse to the file you downloaded from the email containing your license renewal codes. Click Open after selecting the file and then click Next.
- Click Next to select the default destination.
- Click Next to install the default features.
- Click Next at the ready to install screen to begin the installation.
- Once the program is installed, it is important that you reboot your system to complete the installation. Close all your programs and reboot your computer.