VPN for Apple iOS Devices
The instructions on this page apply to users with Apple iOS devices, including iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads.
To create and configure a connection to UK's virtual private network (VPN), follow the steps below.
For general information about iOS and VPN services, visit Apple Support.
Configure the UK VPN Service
Create a new VPN network service:
- Tap Settings > General > VPN
- Tap Add VPN Configuration
Tap IPSec and enter the following:
- Description: UK VPN
- Server: 220.127.116.11
- Account: your link blue user ID
- Password: leave blank
- Group Name: ukyedu
- Secret: ukyedu
- Leave Proxy set to Off
- Tap Save in the upper right corner
Please note that for security purposes, you will be prompted to enter your link blue password each time you connect to the service. This password cannot be "remembered" or saved on the iOS device.
Starting a VPN Connection to the UK Network
- Tap Settings
Slide the VPN switch to ON
- Note: if you have multiple VPN connections configured, go to Settings > General > VPN and select UK VPN, then slide the VPN switch to ON
- When prompted, enter your link blue password
- If successful, you will see a small VPN icon in your device's status bar (top of screen, beside the time display)
- Tapping Settings > General > VPN > Status while connected will display the VPN server address, connection time, and your VPN IP address
Closing a VPN Connection to the UK Network
- Tap Settings
- Slide the VPN switch to Off
- The VPN icon in your device's status bar will disappear when the connection is closed