The goal of the University of Kentucky is to provide appropriate access to academic courses for students desiring to continue their education without seeking a degree. Non degree status affords an opportunity for individuals to pursue lifelong learning without the structure of degree-seeking status and is consistent with the educational mission of the University.
Most non-degree students are considered "Lifelong Learners" and include the following groups:
- Donovan Scholars: Kentucky residents 65 years of age or older
- Students who have already earned degrees
- Non-traditional students who wish to begin their studies as non degree students in order to be considered for degree-seeking status later.
Other students eligible to enter the University in a non-degree status include:
- Visiting students from other colleges and universities
- High school students of exceptional ability
- UK Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Non-Refundable Application Processing Fee: Attach $50 in cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kentucky. Full-time UK employees applying to take classes and who submit a copy of their UK staff card are not required to pay the processing fee.
- Transcripts: Students who will be visiting (transient) students at UK may submit either an official transcript from their home institution OR a letter of good standing from their home institution’s Registrar’s Office. Students who have already earned a college degree are not required to submit a transcript in order to enroll at UK in a non-degree seeking status.
- Other documentation may be required. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at (866) 900-4685 for more information.