The Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT) was created in the summer of 2010 as a way of highlighting educational development resources and services available to UK instructors. The center is housed on the fifth floor of the King Building (home of the Science Library) in room 518.
CELT's mission is to promote and support excellence in teaching and learning at the University of Kentucky. We work with all instructors at UK and collaborate with many other academic support units to create engaging, innovative and inclusive learning environments in which diverse students can excel.
To accomplish our mission we offer a variety of resources and services to include, but not limited to:
- Consultations with individual instructors or academic units
- Workshops and lunch discussions on a variety of teaching and learning topics
- Mid-semester course feedback
- Assistance with starting a scholarly learning community
- A library of books addressing issues in higher education
- An announcement list for upcoming educational events