Let's Talk! We are here to listen!
Let's Talk is a program that provides easy access to informal confidential conversations with clinicians from the UK Counseling Center. Clinicians hold walk-in hours at 5 sites around campus Monday through Thursday. There is no appointment or fee necessary.
- This service is open to all University of Kentucky undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
- Speaking with a clinician can help provide support, insight, and information about resources.
|Monday||Lewis Hall||Room U115||3pm-5pm||Alyssa Frye, Psy.D.|
|Tuesday||Veteran Resource Center/Erikson Hall||
Basement Room 2
|12:30pm-2:30pm||Jason Schwenker, PsyD|
|Tuesday||McVey Hall||CARES Office||2pm-4pm||Tina Bryant, Ph.D.|
|Wednesday||MLK Ctr, Gatton Student Ctr||Room A230||12:30pm-2:30pm||Tomerial Brooks, LCSW|
|Wednesday||Multidisciplinary Sciences Building||Room 402||3pm-5pm||Jason Schwenker, Psy.D.|
|Thursday||Fine Arts Building||Room 202||2pm-4pm||Sharon Martin, Psy.D.|
- Let’s Talk is informal conversations only. Let’s Talk is not counseling.
- Let’s Talk conversations are not part of students’ releasable records.
- Although Let's Talk clinicians are mental health professionals, Let's Talk conversations do not constitute mental health treatment.
- Limits to confidentiality- When there is an immediate threat of harm to you or others, Let's Talk counselors are required by law to report this. When a minor, elderly person, or someone otherwise incapacitated is being abused, Let's Talk consultants are also required by law to report this.
- If your Let's Talk clinician assesses that you could benefit from a higher level of care, every effort will be made to refer you to other appropriate resources at the university and surrounding community.
The "Let's Talk" program is modeled on the "Let's Talk" program at Cornell University. We are indebted to our colleagues there for the name and idea; some of the material on their website has been duplicated here with permission. Special thanks to Cornell University CAPS, for sharing their expertise and experience.