|If you keep getting pop-up messages in Internet Explorer try this to
help turn them off.|
proceeding, please, be sure you have read and understood the
If you are working on a
university computer and if your department has a computer technician or
information systems administrator, you may be required to visit with
them before you are permitted to make any changes to your computer.
Therefore, speak with them before proceeding with any attempt to apply
changes to your computer.
1.) Security Pop-up Issue: Accessing APEX Login Page.
When accessing the login page of APEX a "Security Alert"
may display a message similar to the following.When the above message
appears follow the below steps:
Information you exchange from this site cannot be
viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with this
sites security certificate...
Do you want to proceed?
- Click on View Certificate.
- Click on Install Certificate.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard click Next.
- Click the radio button next to Automatically select the
certificate to store based on the type of certificate.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Then the Security Warning pop-up will open. Click
- When it says "Import was successful", click OK.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes.
2.) Security Pop-up
Issue: Selecting "Open Audit" to review audit.
When clicking on "Open Audit" to open an audit for
reviewing, Security Information may display a message similar to the
the above message appears follow the below steps.
This page contains secure and nonsecure items.
Do you want to display the nonsecure
These tips were written from Internet
Explorer 6.x. If you have an older version of Internet Explorer these
steps might be slightly different.
- From the Menu bar click on Tools.
- Choose Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Under the internet (globe icon) click on Custom Level.
- Under the Miscellaneous header, look for Display Mixed
- Click on Enable.
- Click on OK.
- A message will say "Are you sure you want to change the security
settings for this zone?" Click Yes.
- Click OK to close the Security Information dialogue box.