What does it mean to observe? What is the relationship between seeing and knowing? Utilizing the practice of cross-cultural observation, students of this program will examine the social, cultural, historical, and political contexts that frame the diverse landscapes of Thailand and Cambodia. UK students will travel to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, and Phang Nga Bay, Thailand as well as Angor Wat, Cambodia to investigate the influence of intercultural exchanges and experiences on perception. This program will provide a foundation for examining and documenting the ways in which cultures differ from place to place and the complex factors that impact living in a variety of geographic regions. Additionally, students will engage in an alternate educational model focusing on experiential learning, personal development, group peer learning, and consensus decision- making.
Click the link below for program information and applications.
- September 16 - Second information meeting | 5pm | Pence 207
- October 1 - UK Education Abroad and UK/CoD Scholarship Deadline
- October 4 - Third information meeting | 5pm | Pence 207
- October 18 - Fourth information meeting | 5pm | Pence 207
- November 1 - Application Deadline (Rolling Admissions)
- December 11 - Pre-departure class meeting