Owned/Leased/Rented Vehicles--Accident Procedures
These procedures are to be followed for all accidents regardless of fault, damages or injuries.
8. For Physical Plant vehicles, report the accident to the Work Control Center at 859-257-3844. The driver must report to their departmental office to complete necessary forms.
9. For the College of Agriculture vehicles, report the accident to the Director, Management Operations at 859-257-2983. If after office hours, contact the Mechanic Supervisor at 859-257-3119 or the Director, Management Operations at 859-269-2753. The driver must also report to their departmental office to complete necessary forms. You must contact UK's Vehicle Maintenance Superintendent at 859-255-2648 to obtain one estimate of damage.
10. UK department administrators will phone (877-252-4839), fax (502-489-6435) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) the completed vehicle accident report form to Underwriters Safety & Claims as soon as possible or within 24 hours. Underwriters Safety & Claims will send an acknowledgement form identifying the claim number assigned to the UK department originating the report or to the driver involved in the accident (if no department administrator was identified on the fax transmittal).
11. For leased vehicles, you must advise Underwriters Safety & Claims whether or not physical damage insurance coverage was purchased through the leasing company and provide a copy of the lease agreement.
12. If a third party is involved, advise them that Underwriters Safety & Claims, Louisville, KY will handle the matter and they can call 877-252-4839 after 24 hours.
13. Injuries involving UK employees should be reported to UK Workers’ Care at 1-800-440-6285.
Repair of University Vehicles