Lexington Global Entrepreneurship Week
Join Mayor Gray for kickoff
You are invited to join Lexington Mayor Jim Gray and successful Bluegrass entrepreneurs to kickoff Lexington's Global Entrepreneurship Week Monday, Nov. 14, 11:30 a.m., Base 163 (3rd floor), 163 E. Main St. The Bluegrass Business Development Partnership, including the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government, the University of Kentucky and Commerce Lexington, is pleased to support Global Entrepreneurship Week in Lexington.
Sold Out! Thinking Outside the Box for Success
The only thing in a box should be lunch!
Listen to local and regional entrepreneurs talk about how they "thought outside the box" in starting their companies. You will also have the opportunity to network with other entrepreneurs and investors and enjoy a free lunch prepared by Wild Thyme Cooking School.
Key Presenter and Panel Moderator: Lori Cheek, Founder and CEO of Cheek'd Inc.
Lori, a Kentucky native and graduate of the UK School of Architecture, will share her entrepreneurial journey of how she started her New York City based social networking company.
Jim Clifton, CEO of Therix Medical
Allison Davis, Founder of Wild Thyme Cooking School
Candace Klein, Founder and CEO of SoMoLend
Paige Shumate Short, Founder, President and CEO of Four Tigers
Nick Such, Co-founder and CEO of BuildingLayer
Thursday, Nov. 17, 2011 at 11:30 a.m.
Commerce Lexington, 330 E. Main St.
Click here to RSVP
The event is free, but space is limited. Please RSVP today.
Presented by the Lexington Innovation & Commercialization Center and the Bluegrass Small Business Development Center, part of the University of Kentucky Office for Commercialization & Economic Development, and Commerce Lexington. Financial support for the event is provided by the Bluegrass Business Development Partnership including the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government, the University of Kentucky and Commerce Lexington.
Lexington Global Entrepreneurship Week Events
November 14, 2011
- 11:30 a.m. Lexington Global Entrepreneurship Week kickoff at Base 163, 3rd floor of 163 E. Main St. Cost: free. Open to the public. Guest speaker: Lexington Mayor Jim Gray.
November 15, 2011
- 11:30 a.m. National Association of Women Business Owners luncheon at Sal's Restaurant, Tates Creek Road, Landsdowne Center. Cost: $18/member $22/guest. Guest speaker: Todd Arwood, TAPP Inc.
- 4:00 p.m. Von Allmen Center for Entrepreneurship business plan seminar at W.T. Young Library. Cost: free. Guest speakers: Bart van Dissel, former Harvard Business School professor and McKinsey consultant, and Matt Bellis, president of Seikowave.
November 16, 2011
11:30 a.m. Lexington Venture Club at the Hyatt. Cost: $30. Presenting companies: Ben Askern BuildCalc, Pheeva LLC, and Phoenix Global Design. Come learn about these companies and more about the Lexington Venture Club.
- 6:00 p.m. Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at Awesome, Inc., 348 E. Main St. Cost: $50. RSVP to email@example.com. www.entrepreneurhof.com
November 17, 2011
11:30 a.m. Thinking Outside the Box for Success at Commerce Lexington, 330 E. Main St. Cost: free. Lori Cheek, Founder and CEO of Cheek'd Inc., will lead a panel of regional entrepreneurs including Jim Clifton, Therix Medical; Allison Davis, Wild Thyme Cooking School; Candace Klein, SoMoLend; Paige Shumate Short, Four Tigers; and Nick Such, BuildingLayer.
4:00 p.m. Commerce Lexington Opportunity Exchange, Clarion Hotel on Newtown Pike. Cost: $10. Guest speaker: Mark Johnson, Acting Assistant Director, Small Business Services Division, KY Cabinet for Economic Development.
- 6-8:30 p.m. Cheek'd is spreading its cards to Lexington at Table Three Ten, 310 W. Short St.
November 18, 2011
- 2-5:00 p.m. Standup for Your Startup at Commerce Lexington, 330 E. Main St. Cost: free.
Your five-minute presentation could win your startup $500 bucks! Put together a five-minute presentation and then pitch it to our panel of experts during Lexington's Global Entrepreneurship Week. The winner will receive $500 to use toward the startup of your business dream.
Please submit your PowerPoint presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. No more than 10 qualified, early-stage companies that have not been previously funded will be selected to compete. Submissions are due by Monday, Nov. 14 at 5 p.m.
November 18 & November 19, 2011
- Start-Up Weekend at Awesome Inc., 348 E. Main St. Cost: $40. lexington.startupweekend.org
About Global Entrepreneurship Week
During the week of Nov. 14-20, Lexington, Kentucky will be among cities in more than 120 countries worldwide participating in Global Entrepreneurship Week. Throughout this week, nearly 24,000 partner organizations will host more than 37,000 events to help aspiring entrepreneurs spot opportunities, take risks, solve problems, be creative, build connections and learn from both failure and success. www.unleashingideas.org