- About Us
- For Business
- For Entrepreneurs
- For Faculty, Staff, Clinicians
- Contact Us
New award opportunity for innovative employers
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 1, 2011) — The University of Kentucky Institute for Workplace Innovation (iwin) is accepting nominations for the first-ever Dr. Lee T. Todd Jr. Bridging the Gap Between Workplace Research and Practice Award.
The award recognizes the former UK president's vision in creating an institute committed to Kentucky's economic and workforce challenges. Award recipients will receive a one‐year membership to iwin’s Innovative Employer Roundtable, which includes the benefit of participating in partner-exclusive events and learning opportunities.
Applicants may be nominated by a current Innovative Employer Roundtable Partner or they may self‐nominate. Applications must be received by Feb. 1, 2012.
The Innovative Employer Roundtable Steering Committee will select the employer scholarship recipient. The first scholarship will be effective May 2012 and last for one year, which will include attendance at the May and October Roundtable meetings. Subsequent scholarships will be offered each year in May.
To be eligible, applicants cannot have been a previous Roundtable Partner; they must have employees based in Kentucky; they may be for profit or nonprofit, of any size, and may represent any industry. Recipients of other workforce related awards/recognitions will be considered.
The one‐year membership to iwin’s Innovative Employer Roundtable, includes:
- Roundtable Meetings—these two‐day, semi‐annual meetings held in May and October include nationally recognized experts and provide both networking opportunities and best practice sharing among Kentucky’s most innovative companies.
- Webinars—webinars are conducted throughout the year. Recent topics include: succession planning, healthcare reform, reigniting performance in long‐term employees, social media and HR measurement strategies.
- Listserv—Partners can post questions and converse about pressing workplace concerns and solutions. Responses are synthesized and archived on our Partners Only website.
- Research and Publications—Partners are provided with the ability to influence & participate in workplace research. Recent iwin‐led research includes: The Kentucky Aging Workforce Study; Creating Healthy Organizations: Promising Practices in Kentucky; Flexibility Among Low‐Wage Workers; and the Latino Farmworker Health report
About the Innovative Employer Roundtable
The Innovative Employer Roundtable is a learning community of Kentucky employers committed to creating high-performing work environments that boost the bottom line, employee health and work-life fit. Partners access cutting-edge research from national experts and researchers while networking with fellow Partners.
For more information about iwin and the award, go to iwin.uky.edu.