SACS Syllabus Requirements
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS) is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. As you develop the syllabus for your course, it is important to include the SACS requirements for distance learning syllabi. Inclusion of these requirements in a distance learning course syllabus is essential in the course approval process. The SACS requirements are also listed on the Office of eLearning Form required for course approval.
1. Instructor's virtual office hours, if any.
2. The technological requirements for the course. (See our student Technical Requirements and Recommendations.)
3. Contact information for UK's Information Technology Customer Service Center:
4. Procedure for resolving technical complaints.
5. Preferred method for reaching instructor, e.g., email, phone, text message.
6. Maximum timeframe for responding to student communications.
7. Language pertaining to academic accommodations:
If you have a documented disability that requires academic accommodations in this course, please make your request to the University Disability Resource Center. The Center will require current disability documentation. When accommodations are approved, the Center will provide me with a Letter of Accommodation which details the recommended accommodations. Contact the Disability Resource Center, Jake Karnes, Director at 859-257-2754 or email@example.com.
8. Information on Distance Learning Library Services (http://libraries.uky.edu/dlls).