SACS Syllabus Requirements
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS) is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. As you develop the syllabus for your course, it is important to include the SACS requirements for distance learning syllabi. Inclusion of these requirements in a distance learning course syllabus is essential in the course approval process. The SACS requirements are also listed on the Office of eLearning Form required for course approval.
1. Instructor's virtual office hours, if any.
2. The technological requirements for the course. (See our student Technical Requirements and Recommendations.)
3. Contact information for UK's Information Technology Customer Service Center:
4. Procedure for resolving technical complaints.
5. Preferred method for reaching instructor, e.g., email, phone, text message.
6. Maximum timeframe for responding to student communications.
7. Language pertaining to academic accommodations:
If you have a documented disability that requires academic accommodations, please see me as soon as possible during scheduled office hours. In order to receive accommodations in this course, you must provide me with a Letter of Accommodation from the Disability Resource Center (DRC). The DRC coordinates campus disability services available to students with disabilities. It is located on the corner of Rose Street and Huguelet Drive in the Multidisciplinary Science Building, Suite 407. You can reach them via phone at (859) 257-2754 and via email at email@example.com. Their web address is http://www.uky.edu/StudentAffairs/DisabilityResourceCenter/
8. Information on Distance Learning Library Services (http://libraries.uky.edu/dlls).