About the Event Management Office
The Event Management Office serves as a resource to the entire University, providing expertise and guidance in the planning and implementation of events hosted by individual colleges, departments and registered student organizations. Our mission is to successfully coordinate your program from initial concept to completion of the event. We are committed to providing the University of Kentucky community high quality customer service through each step of the event planning process.
Please visit meetatbigblue.uky.edu to start planning your event at the University of Kentucky!
To Schedule an Event
Select "Plan Your Event" above to visit our virtual request system, EMS. EMS is the portal to submit your event requests and schedule space at the University of Kentucky. For assistance using EMS, visit the FAQ page.
Request an Account
Approved officers of registered student organizations may use their LinkBlue ID and password to log into EMS.
For UK Departments, you must be a representative to request an online account. Accounts are pending until reviewed by the Event Management Office. Users requesting an account will receive an email once your user account is activated or declined. Account requests can take up to 48 hours.
You must have an EMS account to request space or submit an event proposal online. Once you have an EMS account, select My Account, then Login. After logging in, select the appropriate request template.
For questions regarding EMS please reach out to the Event Management Office at email@example.com.
For questions regarding Web EMS or about campus event policies, contact the Event Management Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The current Student Center is undergoing a major renovation and expansion project that started in May 2015. Reservations will be available soon for events scheduled after March 2018.
Please contact the Event Management Office or click here
for a list of alternate event/meeting locations.
- It is important to understand you are submitting a REQUEST. Reservation of space and event approvals are not guaranteed for every request.
- Priority is given to academic courses. Event space requests will be confirmed after the following dates: December 1st (spring request dates), April 1st (summer request dates), and May
1st (fall request dates).
- Requestors may receive two confirmations (one for space and one for event approval) if the space is not managed by the Event Management Office.
- For a complete list of Frequently Asked Questions with answers, select the FAQs menu at the top of this website.