What is Recyclable
The University of Kentucky has a single stream recycling program, where recyclable materials can be placed in the same container, mixed in; no separation needed. This program is call the All-in-One program.
Click on the graphic to the right for a printable flier with this information.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS: The acceptable recyclable items that you may place in the All-in-One container are:
Cardboard and Boxboard: (boxes must be flattened)
- Cardboard packing boxes
- Cardboard tubes
- Boxes with grey or brown insides
- Pizza boxes (empty)
- Cereal, cracker boxes, and any box that doesn’t have a plastic coating
- Non- confidential paper
- Office and school paper
- Colored paper
- Newspaper (with inserts)
- Brown paper bags
- Phone Books
- Shredded paper (bagged in a clear bag)
- Aluminum cans (empty)
- Steel food cans (empty)
- Plastic bottles and jugs only! (empty)
- (soda, juice, water, milk, detergent).
- Any glass bottle and jar, any color. (empty)
UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS– Please don’t place these items in an All-in-One recycling container.
- Plastic cups
- Beverages and refrigerated packaging (soft drink carrier cases, frozen food boxes)
- Plastic bags (return to grocery stores instead)
- Any Styrofoam product or container
- Pyrex, ceramic or plate glass