1. What is the MarketReady Producer Training?
• The MarketReady Training program addresses the market development risks and relationships small farmers and ranchers must manage as they seek to develop relationships with restaurants, grocery, wholesale and foodservice buyers. MarketReady will provide you with a professional marketing education to improve sales relationships with institutions. The MarketReady training program addresses issues of food safety, insurance, product quality, and traceability risks and will prepare producers for these business transactions selling dairy, fruits, meats and vegetables.
• MarketReady seeks to educate and help our fabulous food suppliers succeed in today’s markets and continue to be profitable. The training is based around best business practices identified by buyers in these markets that are actively seeking to engage local suppliers. MarketReady will help farm vendors selling dairy, fruits, meats and vegetables design a better business strategy to succeed.
2. Who should attend?
Producers and processors who are interested in selling to restaurants or foodservice institutions have a unique opportunity to explore the ways to improve and expand a food business. MarketReady training is useful to producers who are considering or developing a new food business, and can certainly be helpful to those who are currently selling product to a few local retailers or restaurants.
3. What does it cost?
Registering for a MarketReady Producer Training is $25. This fee covers all materials necessary for the class, lunch and refreshments during the one-day training. Registration is handled on a per event basis. Details for registration will be listed in each events' flyer.
4. What happens at the training?
The training day will start at 9 a.m. by covering the Restaurant Sales unit, and then we will have a panel of 3-4 chefs or restaurant buyers who are able to build upon what was covered in the training and answer specific questions for producers. We will share a locally sourced and prepared lunch at noon. After lunch we will dig into the Grocery, Wholesale, and Foodservice Sales unit and finish the day with a panel of 2-4 grocery and foodservice buyers.
5. What do I do after the training?
We hope you will leave with new ideas and a positive outlook to move your business forward. The materials provided include an ever-growing list of resources that you will use to find the answers and help that you are looking for. For further questions and comments please feel free to contact us.
6. Who do I contact?
For more information or to register for a training, please contact:
Michael Kenealy , Michael.email@example.com, 859-218-4383
407 C.E. Barnhart Building, Lexington KY 40546
7. Why MarketReady?
MarketReady has been developed for the MarketMaker network of states to equip growers to more successfully engage these growing markets. We are able to provide this training through the kind support and financial contributions from the USDA Risk Management Agency.