Commons is the central facility of the Kirwan/Blanding residence hall complex. This facility contains the following:
- Commons Market, the dining facility is on the ground level.
- Starbucks, an ATM machine and restrooms are on the second level
- Other administrative offices, restrooms and meeting rooms are on the third level.
Guests of appropriate age will be issued cards to access the front door of the building that you have been assigned to. The front entrance doors remain locked at all times.
We have a limited amount of audio/visual equipment. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Available equipment include:
- Table top podium
- Easels for flip chart
You will be expected to leave the room in the same condition as you found it. There will be a cleaning fee accessed for any meeting space that is left in an unacceptable condition.
Camp and conference participants may use computers in the W. T. Young Library. For those bringing laptops/computer, there are a limited number wireless areas on campus. To view, click on www.uky.edu/wireless.
The front desks are staffed and operated 24 hours a day when the building is occupied. The staff can provide conference and/or camp participants with various information and provide security measures. Campus maps, local and campus phone directories will be available for use at the front desk.
- Blazer Hall, Kirwan Tower, and Blanding Tower are equipped with elevators
- The Commons central facility within the Kirwan-Blanding Complex (on South Campus) is equipped with an elevator.
- Ingels and Baldwin are equipped with elevators.
- Roselle Hall, Central I Hall, and Smith Hall are equipped with elevators.
Each hall is equipped with ice machine in the basement or first floor of each building.
Laundry facilities are located in the basement of each residence hall. The cost per top-load washer and all dryers are $1.25. The laundry machines use either Visa or Master Card credit card only.
How to Wash/Dry your Laundry: UK's Washers and dryers use a unique laundry system called WaveRider, which provides a secure method of accepting Master Card or Visa card payments. To start a machine, just swipe your Master Card, Visa, or debit card. Don't have a card or preloaded funds? Purchase debit/credit cards at the UK Bookstore.
What is WaveVision? WaveVision let's guests know how many machines are available before visiting the laundry room! You can:
- See how much time is left on machines that are currently running
- Monitor washer and dryer cycles from your room with the My Laundry Status feature
- Receive an email or text message once washer and dryer loads are finished
- Simply go to https://mywavevision.com to set up an account
Please consult the following link for information about parking: www.uky.edu/Parking
- Those guests interested in swimming can purchase day passes. For more information, contact the Lancaster Aquatics Center at 859-257-7946 or visit the website at www.uky.edu/StudentAffairs/CampusRec/Aquatics/
- There are soccer fields nearby, outdoor basketball and tennis courts available when not reserved.
Rooms are not equipped with activated phone lines.
The main lounges in each residence hall have a television with local cable service.
Vending machines dispensing snacks and soft drinks are located in the basements of each residence hall. These machines accept cash or the Plus-Account card.
Request meeting room space at ContactUKDining@lsv.uky.edu.
- 375 capacity standing
- Theatre style seating for 300
- Classroom seating for 250
- Room 306—Conference Room
- Seating for 20 around the table with and an additional 12-15 seats along two walls.
- Two large multi-use rooms.
- 307—Theatre style seating for 175, classroom—150
- 308 A & B (has a divider)—Total theatre style seating is 150, 80 classroom seating
- 308 A only—65 theatre, 35 classroom
- 308 B only—85 Theatre, 45 classroom
Groups may want to bring their own equipment, or secure from other vendors. All costs, delivery, removal, security and other arrangements related to outside equipment is the responsibility of the sponsor/organizer.