4 Person Suite (Baldwin-Ingels-Smith)
|2018-2019 (per person, per semester)||2019-2020 (per person, per semester)|
Opened in 2005, Smith Hall is named after John T. Smith, the first African American to earn a doctor of philosophy degree from the University of Kentucky. After earning his Ph.D. in education in 1961, Smith became the first African American to serve as a vice president in a UK administration. Smith Hall has the four-person suite room type
- Room Type: 4 Person Suite
- Area of Campus: Central
- Visitation Policy: 24/7
- Living Learning Program:
- 2018 – 2019: KHP Wellness Community
- Capacity: 181 residents, 3 floors
- OPEN during 2019-2020 breaks (Thanksgiving, winter, spring)*
Mailing Address: (all mailing services including U.S. Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, etc.)
740 Woodland Ave.
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40526-0565
*Blazer Hall, Smith Hall, Wildcat Coal Lodge, and Woodland Glen IV are the Break Housing halls. They remain open during all UK academic recesses (August 26, 2019, to May 8, 2020.) All residents in these halls will have an $82 “Break Housing Fee” applied each semester.
- 24/7 staffed front desk
- Twin extra-long beds (78" x 36" x 7"), multi-density polyurethane foam mattress, extra firm on one side and plush firm on the other side for user comfort.
- Fully furnished rooms with moveable furniture: 3-drawer dresser, desk, desk chair, and a wardrobe (with 2 drawers) for each student.
- Carpeting in bedrooms
- High-speed wired and wireless Internet access
- Digital cable (Check to see if your TV is compatible)
- Study areas on each floor
- Laundry room on each floor ($1.25 to wash & $1.25 to dry)
- Kitchen on each floor
- Multi-purpose room on each floor
- Bike parking
- Refrigerator and microwave combination provided
Compare: Click here for a comparison chart.
Smith hall is located in Central Campus and is near The 90, William T. Young Library, the Johnson Center and many athletic facilities.