Ace Award Nomination Form
Submit an Ace Award Nomination to highlight the great service you received from a UK HR employee recently.
In the UK Human Resources department, we strive to provide exceptional service in the following ways:
- Make every interaction with HR as pleasant as possible, even if the answer is one the customer does not like.
- Look for ways to provide options for the customer so s/he feels like they have a choice for action.
- Take personal responsibility for problem-solving and exceeding customer expectations.
- Be proactive and look for solutions the customers did not identify.
- Advocate for the customer when it is the right thing to do for the customer and UK
- Provide additional follow-up as a courtesy to confirm resolution was reached with his/her issue (especially in cases where s/he was passed on to another UK employee or department).
- Escort our customers to their physical location within your building, whenever possible.
- Make efforts to learn about the expertise in other HR areas.
- "Reach out" to other UK departments for information for our customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork beyond the job by working beyond your normal job function, either within or outside your unit.
- Collaborate within HR or with others within UK to arrive at best possible solutions.
- Walk customers through first-time experiences so the "next time" will be more comfortable for them.
- Take additional Customer Service training on an annual basis (offered through HR T&D, other areas on campus, or locally/regionally) to improve your skill set.
- Take pride through action in your work and how you represent HR and the University of Kentucky!