If you or your dependent(s) are no longer eligible for health or dental coverage with the University, COBRA coverage may be purchased for up to 18 months for employees and up to 36 months for eligible dependents.You may need COBRA coverage should you experience any one of the following status changes:

  • University employment ends
  • Reduction in work hours
  • Transfer to a position not eligible for benefits (on-call status, etc.)
  • Go on an unpaid leave of absence

Your dependent(s) may need COBRA coverage in the event of one of the following:

  • Death of a covered employee
  • Divorce or legal separation from covered employee
  • Dependent child of covered employee is no longer eligible due to:
    1. Marriage
    2. 26 years of age
    3. Employment status where the dependent gains coverage
    4. Address change and no longer dependent on employee for support

Please note, if your dependent is eligible for COBRA coverage based on either an employee's divorce or legal separation or dependent(s) loss of eligibility, YOU MUST contact the Benefits office within 30 days of that event and complete a new insurance form canceling your dependent from your plan.  Failure to do this may result in your having to pay for additional coverage your dependent is not eligible to use.




Use the enrollment form for COBRA listed on the Forms page, and return to Scovell Hall, Benefits office (Room 112).