UK Human Resources
What You Need to Know:
Financial Counseling is a free voluntary counseling and referral service for UK employees (regular, .5 FTE or greater) intended for anyone who is interested in gaining greater control over their finances. Eligible employees can schedule up to five sessions per fiscal year.
Financial Counseling is a free voluntary counseling and referral service for UK employees (regular, .5 FTE or greater).
What is Financial Counseling?
- It is intended to help employees gain control of their finances
- Up to five sessions are available per fiscal year
- Sessions generally last approximately 1 hour
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday
- All information is confidential unless required otherwise by law. Information does not become part of your personnel file.
What kind of help can I get from Financial Counseling?
Contact Financial Counseling if you:
- Struggle to meet your monthly bills
- Are behind on loans or utility bills
- Face foreclosure
- Experience a reduction in income
- Face the loss of a parent or spouse
- Want to plan for your family’s future
- Want to buy, sell, or refinance your home
- Need help finding community financial assistance
- Want to control your money instead of it controlling you?
- Presentations for departments on financial issues
- Multi-week classes to provide a more in-depth financial education
- Answers to general financial questions over the phone or by e-mail
How do I schedule an appointment?
Appointments may be scheduled Monday through Friday by calling 859-257-9487 or by clicking here. Special arrangements can be made for early or late appointments. Employees are invited to bring a spouse or sponsored dependent to counseling sessions.
What do I bring?
- Recent pay stubs
- List of monthly bills with amounts and due dates
- Balance on any outstanding loans or credit cards
- Information on any bills currently late or in default