The Hiring Process - What to Expect
What You Need to Know:
HR Temporary Employment is a full-service staffing agency for the University of Kentucky that fills full-time, part-time, short-term, and long-term positions throughout the UK campus and UK HealthCare. Job openings are available for you to apply online at UK Jobs. To apply for any position at UK you will need to create login information and one universal application. Additional elements may be required for specific positions.
Apply for a Job
- Go to UK Jobs
- Create your application
- Search for available positions
- Apply for positions
We are here to help. If you have any issues or questions regarding a posting or the hiring process, please contact Human Resources » . You can also print this guide to applying for UK Jobs online (PDF).
After You've Applied
Once you submit an online application, what should you expect? Here are a few notes:
- A quicker response time than when you apply for regular full-time positions!
- If you are selected as a potential candidate, you will receive a phone call from to schedule an initial phone screening interview with a Temporary Employment Specialist (TES)
- Further interviews will be in person and may be conducted by both a TES and/or the hiring official for your selected position
If you are offered a job at UK, you will need to do some basic next steps:
- You will need to complete a federally required I-9 form and sign the University's Drug-Free Policy agreement. Most employees may complete this step at our Employment front desk in 112 Scovell Hall. Find out what to bring »
Note: UK HealthCare assignments also require pre-employment drug screening.
- You will need to set up direct deposit, which is required for all paychecks for UK employees »
After you are hired, you must complete required online training, as well as set up direct deposit and specify tax withholdings »
If you were not offered a job at UK, you are welcome to continue applying for jobs as often as you like. Good luck!