Training: Behavior-Based Interviewing
Duration: 8.0 hours
How do you know if you are asking the right questions in an interview and if those questions are appropriate and legal? Although you don’t want to waste your time or the applicant’s time, you do want to select the best-fit candidate for your position. It is proven that the most efficient and effective way to gather the information you need to make the right hiring decision is to use behavioral based questions. This training is designed to introduce the behavior based interviewing concept, provide an in-depth understanding of what types of questions to ask, and how to analyze the information gathered to make an informed and legally creditable hiring decision. This class will also help decipher the dos and don’ts of interview questions, identifying what’s appropriate and inappropriate to discuss during the hiring and selection process, by reviewing federal and state legislation as well as University policies and procedures.
After attending the Behavior Based Interviewing 1-Day training session, you will have a better understanding of:
- The concept of behavior based interviewing.
- How to use a position’s “Major Job Responsibilities” or “Dimensions” to build interview questions.
- What information to solicit from applicants to effectively evaluate and select the best-fit candidate.
- How to evaluate all information received during the selection process as well as from all of the involved selection team members.
- How to ensure your hiring and selection process is legally appropriate.
*This 1-Day training will cover all the material presented in the Behavioral Based Interviewing Series as well as the Legal Consideration training thus 4 trainings in 1 day!