Update Your Info: Bank Information
What You Need to Know:
The myUK Bank Information feature allows new employees to easily set up direct deposit of UK paycheck. Employees may review, add, or edit your bank information for direct deposit at any time using this system.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to comply with the University of Kentucky mandatory direct deposit policy, all payroll payments will be sent electronically via ACH/direct deposit. This policy covers all full and part-time employees with the exception of Work Study students. If you have questions while completing your direct deposit information, please contact the Payroll Office at (859) 257-3946.
If you close your bank account, you must update your bank information with your new deposit routing and account information.
Should you have an extenuating circumstance that would require receipt of a "live" paycheck, you will need to complete the Business Procedure Exception Request Form (scroll to the bottom of the page to download a MS Word document of the form) and submit to the Payroll Office located at 340 Peterson Service Building.
- Login to the myUK portal to update your personal information. If you need help logging in, this guide can help.
- From the Employee Services Overview page, click on "Personal Information."
- Click on the "Personal Profile" link.
- Click the appropriate bank creation button. Click "Main Bank" to add or edit your main bank. To add another bank click the "Other Bank" button.
- NEW MAIN BANK:
- Enter your bank's routing number in the "Bank Code" field: If you are inputting information for a checking account, you will be able to find your account and routing numbers at the bottom of one of your personal checks. The routing number is a 9-digit number and will appear in between two "transit symbols" on your check (see diagram above). If you are using a savings account and your bank's routing number does not appear on your savings account deposit slips, you may need to contact your bank for the routing number. Enter your account number and select the account type: The default start date for your changes to take effect is the next available pay period. If you would like to delay the account becoming valid, you may select a date in the future by selecting "Valid From." After you input your bank information, click "Save and Back" to finish.
- OR, NEW OTHER BANK: ESS allows you to allocate your pay via direct deposit to one additional bank. Select the "Other Bank" function to do this. To add a secondary bank, first enter your bank's routing number in the "Bank Code" field (see above for instructions on how to find your bank's routing number). Enter your account number and select the account type. When adding a secondary bank you may specify either a percentage or dollar amount to be deposited into the account. The default start date for your changes to take effect is the next available pay period. If you'd like to delay the start date of your secondary account, you may select a future date. If you'd like to use the account for a specific period of time, select "Valid From/To." When you are done, click "Save and Back."