Web Based Trainings: Access & Complete
What You Need to Know:
UK HealthCare employees are required to complete periodic online web-based training (WBT). This page explains how to access and complete the UK HealthCare Online Courses.
- Login to the myUK ESS portal at myuk.uky.edu. If you need help, visit this guide first.
- Click on the "Employee Self-Service" tab, then click on "Training."
- When the new window appears, again click on "Training".
- The new windows will display "Mandatory Courses." These are courses that must be completed by you. Click on the course you wish to take (for instance, "HIPAA Privacy and Security Refresh" in this example).
OR Sometimes you will need to find a course that is not listed in the Mandatory Course section. On the left side of the new window, you will see "Search Term". Enter the name of the course you are looking for.
- In the new windows, select the dropdown and choose "active" if that choice is available to you. This may not show for everyone. Then select the button "Book This Course".
- A pop-up will appear asking "Do you want to book this course?" Select OK.
- A new window will appear, indicating you have successfully booked this course. If you are ready to begin the course, select the button "Start Course Now".
- When you have successfully completed a course, it is essential to click the "LOG OFF" button at the bottom of the screen. If this is not done, credit will NOT be given for the course.
- If at any point you need to stop in the middle of a course, feel free to do so. When you resume the course, it will continue where you last left off.
- If you have any questions regarding course content, please contact the author of the course. His or her name will be listed in the beginning of the course.
- If you have any question or comments other than course content, contact Mark Schneider email@example.com.