WildCard Employee IDs
What You Need to Know:
As of September 6, 2013 all campus-based UK employees (staff and faculty) are required to obtain a UK WildCard photo ID (see details below). The new WildCard ID replaces the paper Faculty-Staff ID card previously issued each year. For details, please read the full text of the May 2013 announcement regarding this change below.
Please note the following:
- Beginning September 23, 2013, newly hired campus employees attending New Employee Orientation will be issued WildCard photo IDs during the orientation event. Employees must be entered in SAP with accurate status and registered for orientation in advance to receive an ID card while attending.
- UK HealthCare employees, who receive separate UK HealthCare-issued ID cards, are not currently affected by WildCard ID requirement.
For more information about the UK WildCard ID, please visit this site.
May 2013 Announcement Regarding WildCard Photo ID Requirement
The University of Kentucky Police Department is pleased to announce that a new level of security is on its way to the UK campus.
The University is in the process of installing its first high-tech, comprehensive security management system. This $4.8 million project includes video monitoring, centralized building access control, increased early warning communication capabilities and standard campus identification badges.
One of the first steps of this campuswide security project will require all UK students and employees to obtain the new WildCard by Sept. 6. The new IDs will replace the previous Wildcard for students and can be used for all of the same services. No personal information will be stored on the card.
To obtain a WildCard photo ID, employees and students may visit the WildCard UKID Center, Room 107 of the UK Student Center between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Employees who have not received a card will be provided the first WildCard free. There is a $20 replacement fee for a lost or stolen employee WildCard.
Keeping our campus safe always will be the top priority of the UK Police Department. Thank you.
A note about employees who work off-campus and/or outside central Kentucky
Newly hired employees who work 40 miles or more outside Lexington are typically not required to attend New Employee Orientation in person and will automatically receive orientation packets, which include a paper employee ID card (not a WildCard photo ID).
For more information, contact:
Benefits of Carrying Your UK Employee ID
- Receive a 10% discount at the UK bookstore on the first floor of the Student Center addition.
- Purchase memberships at recreational facilities provided through Campus Recreation (includes Johnson Recreation Center, Lancaster Aquatics Center, Alumni Gym, and Wellness Program).
- Receive a discount on admission to some arts events at the Singletary Center of the Arts.
- Receive free admission to most UK sporting events, excluding Men's/Women's Basketball and Football.
- Receive a 20% discount on season tickets for Men's/Women's Basketball and Football.
- Check out books from the UK Library systems.
- Receive discounts at some local businesses. For a complete listing visit the Employee Discount Program webpage.