Financial Counseling is a free voluntary counseling and referral service for UK employees (regular, .5 FTE or greater).
What is Financial Counseling?
- It is intended to help employees gain control of their finances
- Up to five sessions are available per fiscal year
- Sessions generally last approximately 1 hour
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday
- All information is confidential unless required otherwise by law. Information does not become part of your personnel file.
What kind of help can I get from Financial Counseling?
Contact Financial Counseling if you:
- Struggle to meet your monthly bills
- Are behind on loans or utility bills
- Face foreclosure
- Experience a reduction in income
- Face the loss of a parent or spouse
- Want to plan for your family’s future
- Want to buy, sell, or refinance your home
- Need help finding community financial assistance
- Want to control your money instead of it controlling you?
- Presentations for departments on financial issues
- Multi-week classes to provide a more in-depth financial education
- Answers to general financial questions over the phone or by e-mail
How do I schedule an appointment?
Appointments may be scheduled Monday through Friday by calling 859-218-1589 or by clicking here. Special arrangements can be made for early or late appointments. Employees are invited to bring a spouse or sponsored dependent to counseling sessions.
What do I bring?
- Recent pay stubs
- List of monthly bills with amounts and due dates
- Balance on any outstanding loans or credit cards
- Information on any bills currently late or in default