Group Problem Solving
You and your co-workers encounter a range of range of problems at work. During this workshop, we will explore a quick and easy 3 stage problem solving process; identify strengths and weaknesses at each step of the process; and create action plans for improvement. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the steps of the problem-solving model.
- Understand roles and tasks in group problem solving.
- Write a problem statement.
- Analyze the possible and probable causes of a problem.
- Use brainstorming and fishbone diagrams to generate ideas.
- Gather data using check sheets, flow charts, and interviews.
- Identify and choose the best solution using pro/con, criteria checks, and decision matrices.
- Plan actions and assign responsibilities using action plans.
- Evaluate results through systematic follow-up.
Instructor: Debra Graham, Class status: Open Enrollment