Wellness Conference Archives
- “Nutrition Fact vs. Fiction” -- Karen Bryla McNees, EdD, RD, CHES, UK Health & Wellness
- "Enriching Our Lives Through Healthy Relationships" -- Rhonda Henry, MSW, CSW, UK Violence Intervention & Prevention Center. Handouts - Conflict Reflection Activity, Confront Your Toxic Relationship, How to Create Healthy Boundaries, The Four Basic Styles of Communication.
- "The Change Cycle: Dealing With Change in a Healthy Manner" -- Meredith Wells-Lepley, PhD, UK Institute for Workplace Innovation
- "Biological Clocks, Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Function: They've got you coming and going" -- Vincent Cassone, PhD, UK Department of Biology
- "If we build it, will you ride?" -- Stuart Kearns, AICP, UK Bicycle Advisory Committee
- "If you can't beat it, avoid it: Evidence-based strategies for preventing cognitive decline" -- Erin Abner, PhD, MPH, UK Department of Epidemiology & Sanders-Brown Center on Aging
- “Wildcats Fight World Hunger” -- Janet Tietyen Mullins, UK Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition
- “Using the Ancient Art of Jin Shin Jyutsu for Health and Well-Being” -- Jennifer Bradley, UK Markey Cancer Center. Handout.
- “Aromatherapy 101: Using Essential Oils for Health and Well-Being” -- Amy Rodquist-Kodet, UK Health & Wellness: Handout.
- “Community Gardening Will Not Save the World (But It Is Still Worthwhile)” -- Seedleaf
- “2S: Moving Communities Forward” -- Nicole Peritore
- "Looking Back to See the Future: Talking Food in Public Forums and the Digital World"-- Lisa Conley. Links provided by presenter: Forum and Nature Experiment.
- "Sleep: Who Needs It?" -- Barbara Phillips, MD, MSPH, FCCP, UK College of Medicine
- "Biofield Healing" -- Gina C. Lowry, PhD, RN, UK College of Nursing
2011 Growing Healthy People
- "Ready to Launch -Motivation for Healthy Habits" Presented by: Ellen L. Usher, PhD, Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology,Co-Director, P20 Motivation and Learning Lab
- "Vascular Surgery: What is It?" Presented by: ELEFTHERIOS S. XENOS, MD,PhD, MD, UK Vascualr Surgery
- "Sustainability, Health, and Happiness" Presented by: Shane Tedder, UK Sustainability Coordinator
- "Music Therapy Techniques for Wellness" Presented by: Lori Gooding, Ph.D., MT-BC, NICU-MT, UK Assistant Professor of Music Therapy
- "Blueprint for a Healthy Brain" Presented by: Kathy Grossman, UK Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, Volunteer Coordinator for the Adult Healthy Brain Aging Study through Sanders-Brown Center on Aging
- "Diabetes Care in 2011: Keys to a Healthy Life Through Self-Management” Presented by: L. Raymond Reynolds, MD, FACP, FACE, Professor of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology Fellowship Program Director
- "Mindfulness Practice for Everyday Living: Simple Concepts that Can Change Your Life for the Better" Presented by Federico “Felito” Aldarondo, Ph.D., Associate Director and Licensed Psychologist, UK Counseling Center: Consultation and Psychological Services
- "Getting to Know UK Health & Wellness Programs" Presented by: UK H&W staff
- "How Food Labels Mislead" Presented by: Karen Bryla McNees, Ed.D., R.D., CHES, UK Health & Wellness
Opening PDFs requires Adobe Reader. Don't have it? Download the free software here.
2010 Destination Wellness: Your Passport to Good Health!
Couldn't make it to the conference? Check out the speaker presentations below:
- “The Inner life of Optimists: Habits, Happiness, and Health” - Dr. Suzanne C. Segerstrom, Professor, UK Department of Psychology (PDF)
- "What's Really in Your Food?" - Dr. Karen Bryla McNees, UK Health & Wellness Dietitian (PDF)
- “Explaining Stroke” - Faithe Warren-Agee, RN, UK Healthcare Stroke Community Outreach Coordinator (PDF)
- "The Complete Caregiver" - Janice Austin, MSW, Community Education Coordinator, Home Instead Senior Care (PDF)
- “Menopause: What Your Mother Didn't Tell You” - Dr. Deidre Beshear, Clinical Faculty, Center for the Advancement of Women’s Health (PDF)
- “Healthy Families” - Nancy Hiner, Registered Dietitian, Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (PDF)
- "Navigating UK HealthCare" - Donny Johnson, Manager UK HealthCare Office of Service Excellence (PDF)
- "Mindful Eating: Intentionality and Food " - Robin Peterson, Psy.D., Clinical Psychologist, UK Counseling& Testing Center (PDF)
- "Road 101" - Mike Galbraith (Handouts - PDF)