Body Shop Forms & FAQ
Body Shop Forms
- Payroll Deduction
- Payroll Deduction Cancellation
- Cash, Check or Credit Card Enrollment
- Physician Clearance
- Body Shop Waiver
Payroll Deduction FAQ
- Do all Body Shop members have to use payroll deduction?
- What about retirees and their spouses?
- What about my spouse who does not work at UK?
- Will I still have to sign up again each semester?
- How much does membership cost?
- How will fees come out of my paycheck?
- What will show up on my pay stub?
- What other changes do I need to know about?
- Can I join the Body Shop and the Johnson Center?
- How do I enroll?
- The form asks for my UK Person ID. What's that?
- Once I'm signed up, how do I cancel?
- How do I re-enroll once I've cancelled?
Payroll deduction is required for ALL UK employees and their spouses/sponsored dependents.
Retirees and retiree spouses will continue to pay by check, credit card or check. Click here for retiree enrollment form.
Fees for a spouse or sponsored dependent will be deducted from the UK employee’s paycheck. In other words, if your husband is a Body Shop member but does not work at UK, his fees will come out of your (UK employee) paycheck.
Once you’re signed up for payroll deduction, all you need to do is register for Group Fitness Classes, if you choose to participate.
The fee for Body Shop Fitness is $7 per month or $3.50 per biweekly period.
Fees will be deducted from member paychecks on an after-tax basis at either $7 per month or $3.50 per biweekly period. For bi-weekly employees: In the months that have three pay periods, fees will only be deducted from the first two checks. Body Shop fees will coincide with regular payroll schedule.
Your pay stub will show "Body Shop Fitness" ($7 or $3.50) if you are enrolled in Body Shop only. If you choose to join the Johnson Center as a combination, your check will show two lines: 1. "Body Shop Fitness Combo" ($5 or $2.50) and 2. "Johnson Center Combo" ($15 or $7.50).
There are a few other changes coinciding with payroll deduction. For one, we will no longer base our schedule on semesters, which will allow more flexibility. However, all Mind/Body classes will be FREE for Body Shop members. In addition, there will be a three-month minimum membership requirement for all members.
Yes! Body Shop Members can also take advantage of this opportunity to join both the Johnson Center and Body Shop Fitness for only $20 per month through payroll deduction. This reflects a 30% discount versus regular fees. Johnson Center membership requirements apply. Contact the Johnson Center at (859) 257-3928, for more information.
1. New members: Call 257-3772 to schedule a Health & Fitness Consultation (HFC). You cannot enroll without one. The HFC consists of a health history assessment and measurement of height, weight, blood pressure, and heart rate. Physician clearance may be required for individuals with health risks.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your HFC, please call 257-3772.
Returning members: You may need a new Health Fitness Consultation (HFC), if you have not had one within the past year. You can find out the date of your last HFC by calling (859) 257-9355.
2. Employees and spouses/sponsored dependents please complete and return the Payroll Deduction Form to: UK Health & Wellness, 170 Lancaster Aquatic Center Lexington, KY 40506-0212.
Retirees may pay with check or cash and complete and return the Retiree Enrollment Form to: UK Health & Wellness, 170 Lancaster Aquatic Center Lexington, KY 40506-0212. (Please make checks payable to UK Health & Wellness. If paying with cash, please bring exact amount. Change may not be available. )
3. Your photo will be taken and you will be issued a key tag, or your key tag will be updated. Access will not be granted to the fitness facilities or Group Fitness Classes without your key tag.
Your UK Person ID number can be found on your pay stub, or your UK Faculty-Staff Card. You can also find it on MyUK under the "Personal Information" section.
After the three-month minimum membership requirement, simply print the cancellation form and turn it in with your key tag to 170 Lancaster Aquatic Center. Cancellations will not be processed without a returned key tag. Please note: Combo members must also cancel separately with the Johnson Center.
Just turn in a new enrollment form to 170 Lancaster Aquatic Center and mark that you have been a previous member. We will re-issue your key tag to you. You may need a new Health Fitness Consultation (HFC), if you have not had one within the past year. You can find out the date of your last HFC by calling (859) 257-9355.