What You Need to Know:
Through Body Shop Fitness, UK Health & Wellness provides a range of fitness options at only $7 per month for UK employees, retirees, spouses and sponsored dependents. Body Shop Fitness membership includes access to two fitness facilities, group fitness classes, one-on-one consultations, and training guides. For common questions, check out the answers in our Body Shop FAQs.
Enroll today - with payroll deduction it's easy!
All UK employees, retirees, spouses and sponsored dependents are eligible for Body Shop Fitness. Once you have completed the entire enrollment process, you can join any facility or group exercise class at any time.
Become a Body Shop Member
1. Complete Your Health Fitness Consultation (HFC)
- New members: Call 257-3772 to schedule HFC: An initial Health Fitness Consultation is required first step for all Body Shop members. The HFC consists of a health history assessment and measurement of height, weight, blood pressure, and heart rate. Physician clearance may be required for individuals with health risks.
- Returning members: Call 257-9355 to check HFC status: You may need a new Health Fitness Consultation (HFC) if you have not had one within the past year. You can find out the date of your last HFC by calling.
*If you need to cancel or reschedule your HFC, please call 257-3772.
2. Make Payment
- Employees and spouses/sponsored dependents: Pay using Payroll deduction - please complete and return the Payroll Deduction Form to: UK Health & Wellness, 170 Lancaster Center, Lexington, KY 40506-0212
- Retirees: Please pay with check, cash or credit and complete and return the Cash/Check/Credit Enrollment Form to: UK Health & Wellness, 170 Lancaster Center, Lexington, KY 40506-0212.
3. Receive Your Key Tag - Required for Gym Access
- All BodyShop Enrollees: Your photo will be taken and you will be issued a key tag, or your key tag will be updated. Access will not be granted to the fitness facilities or Group Fitness Classes without your key tag.
4. Use Sign Up For It to register for Body Shop Fitness Classes
*Never used Sign Up For It? You must create an account. Once you do, you will be able to log in and register for many of our events and programs. Read detailed instructions using our Sign Up For It Registration Guide (PDF).
Get Started with BodyShop
1. Free Group Fitness Classes: Classes are offered at locations around campus for your convenience. Group Fitness Classes are a fun option and a great way to prevent workout boredom. Get your body in top shape with classes such as Body Bootcamp, Aqua Jog, Zumba dance, and Deep Water Works. Make the mind/body connection through classes such as Yogilates, Yoga, and Tai Chi.
*Note: You must be a Body Shop member with a valid key tag number before you can register for classes.
2. Free Personalized Consults: Schedule one or more of our popular one-on-one consults:
- Exercise Consults
- Nutrition Consults
- Tobacco Cessation Coaching
- Work+Life Connections Brief Counseling and Referral
3. Free Workout and Training Guides: Choose from over a dozen training and workout guides to fit your exercise needs whether you're working out at home, at the gym or in the office.
4. Free Access to Fitness Facilities: You can choose to workout at the gym that's right for you: Alumni Gym (North campus) or Seaton Center (South Campus).