The American Heart Association University Moving for Healthy Hearts Challenge is an annual 10-week physical activity competition between University of Kentucky and University of Louisville to see who can record the highest average number of steps. Best of all, there are many ways to win! Any form of physical activity counts, from walking and biking to yoga and more!
All employees, retirees, spouses and sponsored dependents are encouraged to participate!
Scoreboard (number of average steps, per participant)
2014 552,595 542,773
2013 435,920 448,459
How can I help UK keep our trophy?
1. REGISTER/LOGIN TO TRACK YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Simply click button below select University of Kentucky Health & Wellness as your company and check the box to allow us to see your activity.
- For help with registration, view a step-by-step registration walkthrough here.
2. GET MOVING! GOAL = 150 MIN/WEEK
Any activity counts - from walking to your car to playing golf. The AHA's Activity Tracker will convert your minutes to steps for you. Different activities done at different intensity levels equate to different numbers of steps:
|cleaning your house||moderate||30||3,181|
3. LOGIN EVERY WEEK TO UPDATE YOUR ACTIVITY
5. LOG 425,000 STEPS TO WIN A T-SHIRT
You will win a commemorative UK vs. U of L challenge t-shirt from us at UK Health & Wellness if you log 425,000 steps by the end of the challenge. In order to be eligible to win, be sure to check the box to allow us to see your name, department, email address and steps.
Representatives from the American Heart Association and the UK and UofL Health & Wellness Programs will participate in a trophy presentation at the UK vs UofL football game.