UK Human Resources
Moving for Healthy Hearts Challenge
What You Need to Know:
The American Heart Association University Moving for Healthy Hearts Challenge is an annual 10-week physical activity competition between University of Kentucky and University of Louisville to see who can record the highest average number of steps per participant. Best of all, there are many ways to win! Any form of physical activity counts, from walking and biking to yoga you name it! The AHA's online activity tracker automatically translates reported activity for comparison purposes.
All employees, retirees, spouses and sponsored dependents are encouraged to participate!
Scoreboard (number of average steps, per participant)
2013 435,920 448,459
2014 298,451 312,381
How can I help UK win our trophy back?
1. REGISTER/LOGIN TO TRACK YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Simply click button below select University of Kentucky Health & Wellness as your company and check the box to allow us to see your activity.
- For help with registration, view a step-by-step registration walkthrough here.
2. GET MOVING! GOAL = 150 MIN/WEEK
Any activity counts - from walking to your car to playing golf. The AHA's Activity Tracker will convert your minutes to steps for you. Different activities done at different intensity levels equate to different numbers of steps:
|cleaning your house||moderate||30||3,181|
3. LOGIN EVERY WEEK 9/12-11/21 TO UPDATE YOUR ACTIVITY
5. LOG 425,000 STEPS TO WIN A T-SHIRT
You will win a commemorative UK vs. U of L challenge t-shirt from us at UK Health & Wellness if you log 425,000 steps by the end of the challenge. In order to be eligible to win, be sure to check the box to allow us to see your name, department, email address and steps.
Representatives from the American Heart Association and the UK and UofL Health & Wellness Programs will participate in a trophy presentation at the UK vs UofL football game in Louisville on Saturday, November 29, 2014.