UK Human Resources
Treadmill Desk Workstation
What You Need to Know:
A treadmill desk workstation is a workspace that utilizes a treadmill and a treadmill desk as an option for a workspace, which could allow employees to be "in motion/active" while still performing their regular job responsibilities and complete nearly any job duty or task they would do normally at a standard desk. This allows employees to stay productive and engaged while enhancing their health.
Steps to Walking While You Work:
- Read and understand the Treadmill Desk Workstation Guidelines as set forth by the University of Kentucky.
- Complete the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q form).
- Undergo consultation with UK Health & Wellness by calling 257-9355 or email us.
- Ensure my workstation meets the guidelines set forth by the Business Practices at the University of Kentucky. This may involve the following:
- Discussing with supervisor;
- Evaluating office space;
- Requesting estimates;
- Researching proper treadmill and desk options.
- Complete the Letter of Understanding.
- Start walking while you work!