UK Human Resources
Health Smart Archives
- "Biological Clocks," presented by UK Biology Chair, Vincent Cassone, PhD. View the PowerPoint presentation and the video.
- "Mindfulness," presented by John Patterson, MD, MSPH, FAAFP and Carrie Davidson, MDiv, ACSM HFS, RYT 200, Mind Body Specialist. View the PowerPoint presentation, definitions handout and mindfulness on-the-go handout
- "Unleashing Well-Being," presented by Amy Rodquist-Kodet, MA, CHWC. View the PowerPoint presentation, resources handout and the video.
- "Preventing (or Surviving) Working Parent Burnout,"presented by UK's Center of Advancement for Women's Health with Dr. Aletia Farmer & Dr. Allison Bailey from UK's Gill Heart Institute. View the panel's bios, PowerPoint, resource handouts on stress reduction,making time, and the video.
- "Respect Works: Healthy Relationships at Home, Work, and Play," presented by Melanie Matson, M.A., UK Violence Intervention and Prevention Center. View the PowerPoint presentation (PDF), Resources handout, Video.
- "Train Hard, Recover Harder - How Proper Recovery Improves Exercise Performance,"presented by Trent Salo, CSCS, ACSM-HFS, FMS, Personal Trainer. View PowerPoint (pdf).Video.
- "Prescription Drug Abuse Awareness in All Stages of Life," presented by Dr. Ryan Stanton, Director of Emergency Medicine, UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital. View thePowerPoint Presentation (PDF). View the video.
- "Making Healthy Choices for a Lifetime: Let’s Get Fired Up!", presented by Ingrid Adams PhD, RD, LD, UK Department of Nutrition and Food Science. Click here for the video, handouts, and PowerPoint presentations.
- "Holiday Meals: Creating Healthier Traditions," presented by Cindy Caywood, MS, RD, LD:PowerPoint Presentation. Recipe Packet. Lower Calorie Holiday Menu Example.
- "Mindful Parenting: Everyday Connection & Calmness," View the PowerPoint Presentationand handout. View video of the entire presentation here.
"The Inner Life of Optimists: Habits, Happiness, and Health," presented by Suzanne
Segerstrom, PhD: View the PowerPoint Presentation (PDF). Video of presentation.
- "Saving Time in the Kitchen: Quick and Healthy Eating," presented by Helen Moseley, MS, RD, LD, CHES. View the PowerPoint (PDF). Handout 1. Meal plan and shopping list handout.
- "Living with Understanding: The Real Scoop on Depression in Older Adults," presented by Phyllis Culp, RN, MSW. Video of full presentation. PowerPoint.
- "Fitting in Physical Fitness" presented by Carrie Davidson, ACSM HFS: PowerPoint Presentation. Brief video.