In partnership with the Gill Heart Institute, Health & Wellness is offering "Walk With A Doc" events twice a month, every month.
Join us for a 30-minute walk in the Lexington Arboretum with the Gill Heart Institute's Dr. Alison Bailey who specializes in cardiovascular medicine. The event kicks off at 6:30 with a brief address from Dr. Bailey on the importance of heart health and then she will lead a 30-minute walk through the Arboretum. Event is open to the public and no registration is required. These events will be held only if weather permits.
Sign-up below to receive reminders and notifications of future events:
Walk With A UK Doc
According to the American Heart Association, walking has the lowest dropout rate of any physical activity. Think it doesn’t do any good? Think again. Walking for as little as 30 minutes a day can have the following health benefits:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well-being
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes
Walking is low impact; easier on the joints than running. In addition it's extremely worthwhile - research has shown that you could gain two hours of life for each hour of regular exercise! Learn more about the "Walk With A Doc" program here »