Health & Wellness Initiatives Timeline
- Health & Wellness' Behavioral Health Improvement Plan (Be.H.I.P.) series of programs launches “Banishing the Blue: A Depression Intervention" course.
- Health & Wellness contributes data to University of Kentucky Controlling Healthcare Costs: A Case Study white paper, from the office of University President Lee T. Todd, Jr.
- BeH.I.P. receives Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Grant in conjunction with Dr. Steven Wolf Virginia Commonwealth University. Total award amount $300,000
- Pharmacist CARE receives the Pinnacle Award in for its Diabetes Education and Management Program.
- UK Benefits officials testify before Kentucky legislative Blue Ribbon Panel on Public Employee Health Benefits: panel subsequently recommends that state of Kentucky establish a health incentive program similar to UK's Healthtrac Rewards.
- UK Healthtrac Rewards Program increases participation reward to up to $15 a month and expands availability to UK spouses who are enrolled in a UK Health Plan.
- UK Benefits and Wellness staff consult with officials from University of Iowa on success of UK wellness initiatives
- UK Healthtrac Rewards Program achieves a total of 7,000 active participants.
- Success of UK Health & Wellness recognized with national Koop Award Honorable Mention - the first university to be recognized in this way since 1997 and the first to be acknowledged for a broad-based health improvement program.
- UK Health & Wellness' BeH.I.P. receives Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Grant in conjunction with UK Family Practice to provide customized follow up to patients statewide, through a network of participating family physicians.
- BeH.I.P. launches “Achieving Balance: A Stress Solution" program.
- UK officials present data from Health & Wellness program to National CUPA-HR (College and University Professional Association for Human Resources) conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Health & Wellness staff provide data for "University of Kentucky Controlling Healthcare Costs: A Case Study" white paper, published by the office of University of Kentucky President Lee T. Todd, Jr.
- BeH.I.P. launches “Living with Diabetes" program.
Health & Wellness Initiatives Timeline
- UK College of Pharmacy supports creation of diabetes education program for at-risk UK health plan participants.
- UK Benefits separates pharmacy benefit from overall health benefit and taps Express Scripts to support management of the program; pharmacy benefit changes from fixed copayment to percentage coinsurance; efforts lead to multi-million dollar savings in first year
- Free prescription counseling hotline establish for UK health plan members, staffed by trained pharmacists who assist callers with managing drug costs and in questions relating to drug efficacy and coindications.
- Online support tools launched to assist health plan members in choosing health plans and in assessing personal health issues.
- BeH.I.P launches“Weight Loss for Life" program.
- Health & Wellness staff finalize UK Healthtrac Rewards Program, which rewards participants for keeping track of healthy behaviors; information is utilized by health counselors to better tailor marketing of wellness services to members.
- President Todd announces creation of UK Healthtrac Rewards Program as a tool to fight rising healthcare costs and to encourage awareness of University-based health improvement resources.
- Leading officials in academics and staff management encourage participation in UK Healthtrac Rewards Program
- BeH.I.P. launches “Reduce the Pressure: A Blood Pressure Reduction Program."
- BeH.I.P. launches “Exercise for Health" program.
- Creation of Health Literacy Project, aimed at providing the University community with information and tools to improve health.
- Press Conference with President Todd and other officials to announce Health Literacy Project.
- President Todd and the Health Literacy Project host a Leadership Luncheon to announce the purpose and creation of the Health Literacy Project to campus leaders.
- Health & Wellness staff launch Health Literacy 101 online tool, designed to help UK employees adapt healthy lifestyles.
- BeH.I.P. is created with first program, focused on smoking cessation.