Lunch & Learn
What You Need to Know:
Get back to basics with these free lunch-time sessions geared toward keeping you healthy and well at work and at home. Feel free to bring your lunch while you hear a presentation on a topic such as High-Tech Stress Relief or Get Moving For Better Sleep. A new series of these events happens each Fall and Spring and typically four sessions are held during each series.
Transforming our Relationship with Food: 10 Healthy Ways to Approach Physical Sustenance
March 5 | 12:10-12:50 pm | Wethington Building, 127 Commons or attend online
Description: In our busy and demanding lives, it is easy to neglect quality in the way we shop for, prepare, and eat our food. Consequently, we often do not take full advantage of the joy of interacting with and partaking in nourishment. Come find out about some simple ways to address and improve your relationship with food!
Presented by: Doug Hershberger, NSCA-CSCS
Can't make it to the Lunch & Learn? We'll be live streaming this event with Adobe Connect. Register and you'll receive a link to attend online! After clicking on that link, you'll simply need to login to Adobe Connect as a guest with your first and last name. You'll be able to hear the speaker and see the PowerPoint. You may also interact by typing in your questions, and we'll relay them to the speaker. Problems with Adobe Connect? Troubleshoot Adobe Connect.
How to Attend: You must register beforehand, so we know we will have enough seating. It is free. Click the "register" link above to get started.
New Registration System: We are using a new online registration system. If this is your first time using the new system, you must create an account. Once you do, you will be able to log in and register for future events and programs. Read detailed instructions on our Sign Up For It Registration Guide (PDF) on our new registration system called "Sign Up For It."
- What Workout Routine Is Best For Me? (Jordon Macht, CSCS) Video. Handout - Workout Routine Summary
- Spine Health: Preventing & Treating Lower Back Pain (Will Swann, NSCA-CPT, CSCS) Powerpoint Presentation. Video.
- Inspiration, Motivation & Perspiration (Ryan Mason) Powerpoint Presentation. Video. Handout - Time for a Change. Handout - Creating a Visual Motivator. Handout- Make Things Happen.
- Subconscious Eating (Will Swann, CSCS) Powerpoint Presentation. Video.
- Balancing Your Wellness Wheel (Kelsey Sheron, CPT) Powerpoint Presentation. Handout. .
- Quick & Healthy Meals on a Budget (Marilyn Campbell, CPT) Powerpoint Presentation. Video.
- Muscular Imbalances: Negative Effects & Corrective Action (Grant Sanders, CSCS) PowerPoint Presentation. Video.
- Fit for What...? Part 1 (Doug Hershberger, CSCS) PowerPoint Presentation. Video.
To view more past presentations, visit the Archive.
*Only University of Kentucky employees, retirees, spouses, and sponsored dependents are eligible for UK Health & Wellness services and programs. CKMS employees are also eligible.