79% of Weight Loss Matters participants who completed a 10-week cycle achieved their pre-determined weight loss goals. Join Weight Loss Matters and you’ll be well on your way to meeting your goals. This reality-based weight loss program is designed for real people who want to lose a realistic amount of weight. Learn more and read success stories »
- Tuesday lunch session - 12:00-1:00 pm
Location: 102 Mining & Minerals Building
- Tuesday evening session - 5:15-6:15 pm
Location: 511 Nursing Building
- Wednesday online session - noon to 1 pm
Weight Loss Matters
What You Need to Know:
Weight Loss Matters is designed to help you meet your weight loss goals that are predetermined with the help of our expert registered dietitians. Classes are held in ten-week cycles, with new topics each cycle. You can continue the program for as long as you want and there is no limit to the number of 10-week cycles you can complete. You can even continue for free as long as you make progress towards your goals! Plus, you'll always have access to the Weight Loss Matters class website so you can access the class materials whenever you need to.
With two in-person classes offered per week, as well as an online option, you can find the class that best fits your needs and schedule. See Weight Loss Matters schedule »
- Success! 79% of Weight Loss Matters participants who completed a 10-week cycle achieved their pre-determined weight loss goals.
- Average weight loss per 10-week cycle is 5.56 pounds per participant.
- You can become our next success story! Or, you may even consider competing in our Biggest BLUE Loser weight loss competition!
What to expect from Weight Loss Matters:
- A weight loss program that teaches you how to eat, rather than how to diet
- A focus on long-term behavior change
- The expertise of registered dietitians
- You setting your own weight loss goals (within reason!)
- A meal pattern calculated just for you (includes a daily calorie level and general outline for how many foods to eat from each food group)
What not to expect:
- A quick fix
- A rigid meal plan – you will have the flexibility to decide what specific foods to eat each day
- Daily menus that take the “guesswork” out of losing weight – you will decide when and what to eat throughout the day and adapt the meal pattern to your lifestyle
- “Off-limits” foods – this program allows you to “fit all foods”
- Choose class and complete Weight Loss Matters registration
- Make payment of $50 for initial registration
- Pay with check/cash: Please make checks payable to UK Health and Wellness. If paying with cash, please bring or mail exact amount to the main office, 170 Lancaster Aquatic Center. Change may not be available.
- Pay with credit/debit: We accept Visa and MasterCard debit/credit cards; and Discover and American Express credit card payments. Pay online using Sign Up For It.
- Never used Sign Up For It? You must create an account. Once you do, you will be able to log in and register for many of our events and programs. Read detailed instructions using our Sign Up For It Registration Guide (PDF).
*Note: Registration and payment take place on two seperate platforms. Ensure that if you are paying with credit/debit card that you have made your payment on Sign Up For It and you have enrolled for your desired class through our registration form.