UK Human Resources
UK LiveWell Check In
What You Need to Know:
The UK LiveWell Check In offers participants the opportunity to get an information-rich snapshot of their health status and reconnect with personal well-being goals during a 30-minute appointment with a UK Wellness Guide.
The Check In is a foundational program of the UK LiveWell initiative, which is a long-term, integrated effort designed to enhance the well-being of our UK community.
A Conversation-Based Health Screening
Your 30-minute appointment is one part health screening and one part next steps consult. You’ll be working with a UK Wellness Guide who will provide completely confidential one-on-one support every step of the way:
A comprehensive health screening:
This will include a finger stick (as painless as possible) and nearly instant results for cholesterol, blood sugar and more. Plus, BMI, body composition and so on.
The highlights of your results:
You’ll receive a helpful overview of results, including visuals that will help you understand your health measures in a broader context. Because we know your numbers are not the whole story about your current health status, we'll talk about just a few of them in terms of your overall well-being.
An opportunity to reflect and set goals:
What area of your health would be the most impactful in increasing your day-to-day sense of well-being? You’ll be guided through thinking about some of these bigger picture questions.
An invitation to move forward in a way that works for you:
Think of this experience as a gateway to a vast array of UK experts and resources dedicated to supporting your health and well-being. The rest is up to you!
Moving Forward After Your Check In
As the name implies, your Check In appointment is just the beginning. You’ll leave your appointment empowered with:
- Your personalized booklet with your health screening results and well-being notes
- Access to your private screening results in our secure UK LiveWell dashboard that includes educational information about each health measure
- Knowledge of a specific next step you could take and the resources and tools you could use to make it happen
It is very important to be hydrated, so drink a lot of water the morning of your appointment. Also, staying warm around your appointment time will help ensure an easier blood draw from your finger stick.
For the health screening portion of the Check In, we offer two options: fasting and non-fasting. It's up to you to choose which option will work for you on your appointment date. Please note: for the most accurate reading for glucose and triglycerides you will need to fast for 9-12 hours prior to your appointment. We realize this isn’t always practical or easy depending on your appointment time, so don’t worry if you choose not to fast: Non-fasting results are accurate within 2% for total cholesterol and HDL. Glucose and triglyceride results will be interpreted based on non-fasting results. If you have diabetes and wish to fast prior to participating, please check with your doctor to see if and how to fast in a way that is best for you.
Fall 2015: A Focus on UK Spouses/Sponsored Dependents
From September to December 2015, UK spouses/sponsored dependents on a UK health plan will be eligible to participate in the UK LiveWell Check In. All eligible participants on UK health plans will receive a $100 health plan rebate after completing a Check In.
Coming to a Location Convenient to You
We do our best to ensure our events are convenient and accessible to the population we're serving each semester. Check back soon for more information on the location for fall 2015 events.
|Regular UK employees working .5 FTE and above (on-campus)||Fall 2016|
|New UK employees: hired before December 9, 2015 (on-campus)||Fall 2016|
|New UK employees: hired on or after December 12, 2015 (on-campus)||Spring 2017|
|UK retirees & retirees’ spouses on a UK health plan||Spring 2017|
|Off-campus employees working .5 FTE and above||Spring 2017|
|UK spouses/sponsored dependents on a UK health plan||Fall 2015|
$100 Health Plan Rebate
Only during their eligibility window, UK health plan members who complete a Check In will receive $100 (pre-tax) as a health plan rebate for the current fiscal year.
- An employee paid bi-weekly will receive the rebate on the paycheck following their completed appointment.
- An employee paid monthly will receive the rebate on the monthly paycheck that follows the month during which they participated (e.g., if appointment is completed in September, payment will be made in October).
- A spouse/sponsored dependent of a UK employee will receive the rebate on the UK employee's paycheck in accordance with the above timing.
- A UK retiree and/or a spouse/sponsored dependent of a UK retiree will receive a mailed rebate check within four to six weeks of their completed appointment.
As an eligible participant, is there another way I can earn my $100 rebate if I’m unable to attend a Check In?
Yes, but only during your eligibility window, you may still receive your $100 health plan rebate and partner with us to take charge of your well-being. Simply complete this alternate process during your eligibility window:
- Take a 10-minute online Check In questionnaire.
Submit documentation from your health care provider. This should include bloodwork and other health measures, as detailed in the link below. This information must be from a provider visit that took place on or after January 1, 2015.
- Employees who see a UK HealthCare provider: You will send specific documentation from the new My UK HealthCare online patient portal. It's a convenient, secure way for you to to access health measures, get health maintenance reminders and more.
- Employees who see a provider outside of the UK network: You and your provider will complete a form to submit to UK Health & Wellness.