UK Human Resources
What You Need to Know:
UK Health & Wellness offers free consults. Seriously, it's free for all UK employees, retirees, spouses and sponsored dependents! You do not even have to be a Body Shop member. One-on-one consults are available from Health & Wellness for exercise, nutrition, tobacco cessation. These consults are also available to Body Shop members, but you do not have to be enrolled as a Body Shop member in order to receive free consults. Work+Life Connections counseling from Work Life is another great resource available from UK and it serves as a brief intervention and a gateway to other resources. This is a free and confidential benefit that allows up to five consultations per year. Additionally, please consider Financial Counseling brought to you by our UK Benefits department.
Why see a dietitian?
- UK Health & Wellness registered dietitians are available for private consultations to assist you with your diet and nutrition goals.
- Your dietitian can help you meet your nutrition goals whatever they may be -- weight loss, lowering your cholesterol or lowering your blood pressure.
- It's FREE for all UK employees, retirees, spouses and sponsored dependents! Compare that to the going-rate of $100 for a one-hour consult with a dietitian. What a value!
What's the next step?
Schedule an appointment with with one of our dietitians through our online form.
Consults take place at the Seaton Center, but can happen via phone or email, as well.
- Before your scheduled appointment, record your food intake per the dietitian's instructions. Print and use this food diary form and bring it to your appointment. If you have participated in the UK LiveWell Check In, bring your results to review with your registered dietitian.
- During the appointment, your self-recorded food diary is reviewed, nutrition questions are answered, and special dietary concerns are addressed.
About your dietitians:
Dr. Karen Bryla McNees is a dietitian for UK Health & Wellness, where she has worked since 2005. She earned her bachelor’s degree in dietetics from Syracuse University and her doctorate in Health Promotion from the University of Kentucky. She loves to spread the word that eating well can be easy, fun, and tasty!
Vanessa Oliver, M.S., R.D, L.D. is a Wellness Specialist and Registered Dietitian with UK Health and Wellness. She received a Bachelor’s degree in English from UK, as well as a Master’s Degree in Dietetics and Hospitality Administration. Vanessa is passionate about whole foods, local farms, and a sustainable lifestyle, with focuses toward culinary nutrition and plant-based diets. Her favorite place is in the kitchen, or at least reading a cookbook!