Latest response rate
Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey. The University-wide response rate was
Download this spreadsheet to see response rates for all colleges and divisions.
Please note: Units with fewer than 10 employees will not appear on the spreadsheet because our threshold for an area to receive a report is 10 employees.
The 2017 UK @ Work survey is your opportunity to provide feedback on making UK an even better place to work. The insights gleaned from this survey are critical to our continued efforts to address the needs of our faculty and staff. (UK HealthCare continues to administer its own employee survey each year.)
This survey allows you to provide feedback in several areas, including:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Career development
- Stress and workload
- Pay and rewards
- Working relationships
- University culture
Your answers are completely confidential. No one within the University will know how you responded. All responses are reported in aggregate of at least 10 or more respondents.
Faculty and staff feedback has made a difference. This video shows just a few ways colleges and divisions have used their UK @ Work feedback to develop action plans:
Since the previous survey in spring 2015, the University has:
- Provided managers and employees alike with enhanced guidelines and support for workplace flexibility.
- Increased engagement opportunities with leaders, including Conversation with the President and Chat with the Provost.
- Expanded our free Work + Life Connections counseling program with the addition of a mental health clinician.
- Begun offering financial well-being counseling.
- Provided subsidized Fitbits to help foster a culture of wellness.
- Avoided cost increases to the employee contribution for health insurance.
- Begun rolling out unconscious bias awareness training across the entire University and launched the Bias Incidence Response Team, to ensure we are a community where all feel secure and welcome.
- Supported our deans and vice presidents in implementing action plans based on your survey feedback in their respective colleges and divisions.
If you have any questions about the survey, please email Employee Engagement Director Amberlee Fay at email@example.com.
Congratulations to our prize winners
Two airline tickets: Brian Rymond, Biology
Surface Pro: Beth Price, Athletics
12.9" iPad Pro: Michael Blackard, Environmental Management
Two UK men's basketball tickets: Ruth Brown, Hispanic Studies
Two UK football tickets: Michael Scales, Transportation Services
E-lot parking pass: Andrew Gehring, Agriculture, Food and Environment
$200 dining plan: Gilson Capilouto, Rehabilitation Sciences
$200 dining plan: Regina Summers, Architecture
$200 dining plan: Michelle Schardein, Arts & Sciences
Fitbit: Leslie Hayes, Alumni Affairs
Fitbit: Melinda Cross, Agriculture Extension
Fitbit: Josh Boaz, PPD
Fitbit: Sherri Friend, Agriculture Extension
Fitbit: Retha Sandlin, Registrar
Fitbit: John Nord Jr., Utilities
Fitbit: Reagan Weedman, Agriculture Extension
UK T-shirt: Meghan Duffy, Graduate School
UK T-shirt: Becky Unites, Health Sciences
UK T-shirt: Esther White, Martin School Hazard Mitigation Grants Program
UK T-shirt: Katherine Husted, Payroll Services
UK T-shirt: Judy Sackett, Libraries
UK T-shirt: Franklin Johnson, Information Technology Services
Tervis tumbler: Stephanie K. Schulte, Office of the Chief Information Officer
Tervis tumbler: Jacob Chappell, Research Computing
Tervis tumbler: April Bramel, Markey Cancer Center Clinical Research Organization
Tervis tumbler: Kevin Jones, Facilities Information Services
Tervis tumbler: Tyler Collins, ITS Enterprise Applicatins
MoveWell gym membership: M.A. Samuels, Oral Pathology
MoveWell gym membership: Charlotte Blakeman, Facilities Management
MoveWell gym membership: Lisa Sibley Hiscox, Arts & Sciences
MoveWell gym membership: Mary Pattengill, Libraries
MoveWell gym membership: Mindy Ickes, KHP
UK sweatshirt: Ronald Scott, PPD
UK sweatshirt: Brian Fitzpatrick, Human Environmental Sciences
1/4 zip pullover: Nicole Gauthier, Plant Pathology
1/4 zip pullover: Andrea Perkins, College of Public Health
1/4 zip pullover: Christine Tame, Plant and Soil Sciences