Caregiver Support Group
What You Need to Know:
The Caregiver Support Group meets the third Wednesday each month, from 12:10 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. in the Keeneland Room of the W.T. Young Library. Details below.
What is the Caregiver Support Group?
This is a support group for UK employees who are taking care of parents, in-laws, and other adults in their family. The group provides a supportive atmosphere for caregivers, provides an opportunity for members to help each other through sharing of information and stories, and is a way to learn about resources and other information that pertains to a specific problem or issue. Employees are welcome to bring their lunch. For more information, contact Terri Weber, Elder Care Specialist, at email@example.com or 859-323-4600.
2013-14 Meeting Dates
- January 15, 2014 - "Ask Ann": Ann Bassoni, a licensed clinical social worker, from the Work+Life Connections Office will be with us answering your questions about how to deal with the emotional difficulty of care giving, coping with issues of stress management, and exploring ways to resolve anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns as it relates to caring for an older loved one. If you can't attend in person, you can post your questions to Twitter - just use #askann. Be sure to follow UK Work-Life via Twitter @UKWorkLife.
- February 19, 2014 - No meeting this month
- March 19, 2014 - Rev. Esther Hurlburt will join us and talk about finding a healthy balance between caregiving and caring for ourselves. Click here to register.
- April 16, 2014 - Topic to be announced (Please note the location of this meeting will be in Room 357 of the UK Student Center)
- May 21, 2014 - Topic to be announced