UK Human Resources
Join us as we welcome Marie Smart from the UK Sanders-Brown Center on Aging.
Caregiver Support Group
What You Need to Know:
The Caregiver Support Group is for UK employees who are taking care of parents, in-laws, and other loved ones. The group meets the third Wednesday each month, from 12:10 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. in the W.T. Young Library.
What is the Caregiver Support Group?
This is a support group for UK employees who are taking care of parents, in-laws, and other adults in their family. The group provides a supportive atmosphere for caregivers, provides an opportunity for members to help each other through sharing of information and stories, and is a way to learn about resources and other information that pertains to a specific problem or issue. For more information, contact Terri Weber, Elder Care Specialist, at email@example.com or 859-323-4600.
5 Reasons to Join the UK Elder Care Support Group
- We provide a sense of connection. Meeting and talking with others who understand your feelings and concerns can help ward off feelings of isolation, loneliness, and depression.
- You can exchange ideas and learn about available resources.
- Establish friendships based on common grounds and interests.
- Develop coping strategies to use when caregiving gets challenging.
- Learn about the importance of good self-care and tips to attain it.