UK Human Resources
The decision on if, or when, to move your loved one into a care faciltiy will be one of the most difficult decisions you will ever make. Caregivers often promise themselves and their love one this decision will never be made. But a promise like that, even thought it was made with the best intentions, is based on unforeseeable and unpredictable circumstances. How do you know when it is time to consider placement? How do you cope with the stress and guilt that accompanies this decision? Join us as we welcome Marie Smart from the UK Sanders-Brown Center on Aging as she helps us learn more about taking that next step for our loved one.
Caregiver Support Group
What You Need to Know:
The Caregiver Support Group is for UK employees who are taking care of parents, in-laws, and other loved ones. The group meets the third Wednesday each month, from 12:10 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. in the W.T. Young Library.
What is the Caregiver Support Group?
This is a support group for UK employees who are taking care of parents, in-laws, and other adults in their family. The group provides a supportive atmosphere for caregivers, provides an opportunity for members to help each other through sharing of information and stories, and is a way to learn about resources and other information that pertains to a specific problem or issue. For more information, contact Terri Weber, Elder Care Specialist, at email@example.com or 859-323-4600.
5 Reasons to Join the UK Elder Care Support Group
- We provide a sense of connection. Meeting and talking with others who understand your feelings and concerns can help ward off feelings of isolation, loneliness, and depression.
- You can exchange ideas and learn about available resources.
- Establish friendships based on common grounds and interests.
- Develop coping strategies to use when caregiving gets challenging.
- Learn about the importance of good self-care and tips to attain it.