UK Elder Care presents two types of events, the Lunch & Learn Series and the Caregiver Support Group. For more information about either of these, contact Terri Weber, Elder Care Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-323-4600.
About the Lunch & Learn Series
Whether you are caring for parents, in-laws, or other loved ones or just want more information for yourself, the Lunch & Learn Series is the perfect opportunity to learn about important elder care topics. Stay tuned for information about the Fall 2016 Lunch & Learn Series.
About the Caregiver Support Group
This is a support group for UK employees who are taking care of parents, in-laws, and other adults in their family. The group provides a supportive atmosphere for caregivers, provides an opportunity for members to help each other through sharing of information and stories, and is a way to learn about resources and other information that pertains to a specific problem or issue.
5 Reasons to Join the UK Elder Care Support Group
- We provide a sense of connection. Meeting and talking with others who understand your feelings and concerns can help ward off feelings of isolation, loneliness, and depression.
- You can exchange ideas and learn about available resources.
- Establish friendships based on common grounds and interests.
- Develop coping strategies to use when caregiving gets challenging.
- Learn about the importance of good self-care and tips to attain it.
Other Elder Care Events
UK Elder Care Resource Fair
Friday, November 18, 2016 -- 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
The Hilary J. Boone Center
More info coming soon!