UK Human Resources
Cindy Cline, a caregiving advocate, will share the journey of emotions she experienced in three short years as she cared for her parents after they moved from New York State to Lexington in December 2011. Ms. Cline will discuss the ups, downs, and unexpected curves of navigating through the many issues involved with elderly parents such as housing, health care, finances, nursing facilities, siblings, and funerals.
Elder Care Events
What You Need to Know:
Whether you are caring for parents, in-laws, or other loved ones or just want more information for yourself, we invite you to join us for these upcoming events. Bring your lunch and learn about important topics. Each FREE session requires registration and is open to UK faculty, staff, retirees, spouses, and sponsored dependents. Space is limited. For more information, contact Terri Weber, Elder Care Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 323-4600.
UK Elder Care presents two types of events, the Lunch & Learn Series and the Caregiver Support Group. For more information about either of these, contact Terri Weber, Elder Care Coordinator, at email@example.com or 859-323-4600. Click here for a printable flyer of upcoming events.
About the Lunch & Learn Series
About the Caregiver Support Group
This is a support group for UK employees who are taking care of parents, in-laws, and other adults in their family. The group provides a supportive atmosphere for caregivers, provides an opportunity for members to help each other through sharing of information and stories, and is a way to learn about resources and other information that pertains to a specific problem or issue.
5 Reasons to Join the UK Elder Care Support Group
- We provide a sense of connection. Meeting and talking with others who understand your feelings and concerns can help ward off feelings of isolation, loneliness, and depression.
- You can exchange ideas and learn about available resources.
- Establish friendships based on common grounds and interests.
- Develop coping strategies to use when caregiving gets challenging.
- Learn about the importance of good self-care and tips to attain it.