Past Work-Life Retirement Conference: 2011
What You Need to Know:
The 2011 conference Making the Most of Your Retirement: The New Reality featured a keynote address by AARP's Patrice Blanchard as well as a panel of UK retirees.
Making the Most of Your Retirement: The New Reality
Watch the Keynote Address
October 12, 2011
View the conference schedule here.
Check out our Retirement Resources page for a listing of helpful contacts.
Now more than ever, retirees are exploring a variety of activities as they move into the next phase of their lives. Many times that includes a new career, part time work, or starting a business. Making the Most of Your Retirement: The New Reality will explore some of the new paths retirees can choose in today's changing world. The conference offers full flexibility to register for and attend only the sessions you want.
Clicking on session names will take you to a copy of the presentation.
- Keynote: Think You're Ready for Retirement? Meet George Jetson (pdf), Patrice Blanchard, AARP
- Retirement Ready Tips (pdf), AARP
- What Can I Expect from Social Security? (pdf) Russ Russell, Social Security Administration
- Making the Most of UK Retirement Benefits, Tina Cornett and Chris Perry, Benefits
- The Three Legal Documents Everyone Needs (MS Word), Allison Connelly, UK College of Law
- Investing for Income and Outcomes: A Better Plan for Retirement Security in the 21st Century, Brett Hammond, TIAA-CREF
- Retiree Panel featuring Peter Berres, Linda Hougland, Joe McDowell and Louise Stone
- Rejuvenate Your Resume, Diane Kohler, UK Staff Career Development
- Invigorate Your Interviewing, Diane Kohler, UK Staff Career Development
- Building Portfolio in Any Weather, Roger Trapp, Fidelity
- Staying On Track in a Volatile Market, Paul Kelder, TIAA-CREF
- Fundamentals of Retirement Income Planning, Carolyn Starke, Fidelity
- UK Benefits
- Health and Wellness
- Elder Care
- Work+Life Connections
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UK
- Donovan Fellows
- Homestead Exemption Act
- Staff Career Development
- STEPS Employment
- Social Security
- Principal Life Insurance Group
- Kentucky Small Business Development Center
- iTNBluegrass (Independent Transportation Network)
- UK Healthcare Volunteer Services
- Volunteering with United Way of the Bluegrass