Your Health Care Provider
- UK HealthCare Breastfeeding Support Services
- International Lactation Consultant Association(ILCA)
- Lactation consultants in your community (updated every two weeks by ILCA)
WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) Programs
- Lexington-Fayette County Health Department WIC program
- Lexington-Fayette County Health Department breastfeeding support services
- Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services
La Leche League
Resources for Working and Pumping
Resources for Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition
Resources At UK
Mommy and Me Breastfeeding Clinic
This clinic is a free service available to all moms who would like to breastfeed and are interested in having a breastfeeding assessment performed by Kentucky Children's Hospital providers. During your visit, the baby will be weighed and examined and a physician and lactation consultant will work with the new mom to develop a plan to meet her breastfeeding needs. For appointments please call: 859-323-6211
Clinic hours: Monday-Friday 12:45-3:15 p.m.
Cost: varies based on health coverage; insurance is billed.
Location: Kentucky Clinic South, 2400 Greatsone Point, Lexington
Nursing Your Infant Class
This class focuses on the advantages of breastfeeding, proper positioning and latch-on, guidelines for adequate breastfeeding, and how to prevent and resolve discomfort. Fathers or support persons are encouraged to attend. This class is taught by a certified lactation consultant. Call 859-323-2750 to register.
Class times: Thursdays 6:30-9 p.m.
Cost: $25 per couple
Location: UK Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Office Building, 125 E. Maxwell, Suite 140, Lexington