Your Health Care Provider
- UK HealthCare Breastfeeding Support Services
- International Lactation Consultant Association(ILCA)
- Lactation consultants in your community (updated every two weeks by ILCA)
WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) Programs
- Lexington-Fayette County Health Department WIC program
- Lexington-Fayette County Health Department breastfeeding support services
- Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services
La Leche League
Resources for Working and Pumping
Resources At UK
Mommy and Me Breastfeeding Clinic
This clinic is a free service available to all moms who would like to breastfeed and are interested in having a breastfeeding assessment performed by Kentucky Children's Hospital providers. During your visit, the baby will be weighed and examined and a physician and lactation consultant will work with the new mom to develop a plan to meet her breastfeeding needs. For appointments please call: 859-323-6211
Clinic hours: Monday-Friday 12:45-3:15 p.m.
Cost: varies based on health coverage; insurance is billed.
Location: Kentucky Clinic South, 2400 Greatsone Point, Lexington
Nursing Your Infant Class
This class focuses on the advantages of breastfeeding, proper positioning and latch-on, guidelines for adequate breastfeeding, and how to prevent and resolve discomfort. Fathers or support persons are encouraged to attend. This class is taught by a certified lactation consultant. Call 859-323-2750 to register.
Class times: Thursdays 6:30-9 p.m.
Cost: $25 per couple
Location: UK Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Office Building, 125 E. Maxwell, Suite 140, Lexington