Review of Chief Administrative Officers (CAO)
Promote a climate of cooperation among faculty and staff employees and their respective administrative offices;
Maximize effectiveness of the unit’s execution of its responsibilities; and
Provide feedback for performance assessment and continuous improvement.
CAO Review Schedules
|3 Year CAO Review Schedule|
CAO Review Status Reports
- 2014-2015 CAO Review Annual Status Report
- 2013-2014 CAO Review Annual Status Report
- 2012-2013 No CAO Reviews to Report
- 2011-2012 CAO Review Annual Status Report
- 2010-2011 CAO Review Annual Status Report
- 2009-2010 CAO Review Annual Status Report
CAO Review Survey
The CAO Review is conducted by The IDEA Center, an independent entity. The IDEA Center’s web-based Feedback for Administrators system solicits input on 10 pivotal characteristics, representing five distinct administrative roles. The administrator survey tool gathers impressions on administrative styles, ratings of confidence, and job performance, while also identifying areas for improvement as observed by core constituents. Confidentiality permitting, the respondent sample can be stratified on the basis of a number of roles and relationships, providing a useful demographic breakdown of responses.
For questions involving CAO please contact Dr. Annie Weber.
- Provides ratings of 10 characteristics representing 5 administrative roles
- Assesses strengths and weaknesses associated with administrative style and personal characteristics and is designed to offer suggestions for improving administrative performance
- Summarizes ratings of overall job performance and confidence in the administrator
- Provides impressions of several types of constituents, for example, colleagues, staff, student, and faculty
- Option to add up to 20 custom questions